You have more questions. We have more answers. So we’ve updated our handy dandy list of useful information to help you prepare for the Stowe Street Arts Festival this weekend in downtown Waterbury. Because after all, Inquiring Minds (Like you!) Want to Know:
– LIVE from Stowe Street! –
Friday, July 15, 7-8:30
- Stop at the Stowe Street Emporium to get you tickets in advance
- Mosey on down to Laughing Moon Chocolate‘s new location at 40 Foundry St. They will continue celebrating their Grand Opening Celebration both Friday and Saturday by giving away FREE Chocolate Covered Strawberries!
- Gather your Entourage whether that means your kids, your parents, your significant other or your partners in crime, bring ’em all because this is going to be tons of fun for everyone!
- Swing by People’s United Bank, our Friday Night Entertainment sponsor, to get some CASH! If you didn’t get your tickets in advance, you’ll need$5/person (kids under 5 are free!) at the door. Plus you’ll probably want to get some food from the American Legion during the show so an ATM stop will be key.
- Rub your nearest Buddha Belly for good luck Your entry ticket is also a raffle ticket and you could win some fun prizes, including a $100 Gift Certificate to the Hen of the Wood!
- Gates open at 6:30 If you want a good seat, get there early! With the forecast we have, it’s going to be a great night to be sitting outside for this show!
- Get ready for a workout The performances of Tom Murphy, Fred Garbo’s Inflatable Theater, the Hokum Brothers and the Mad River Chorale will be so ridiculously entertaining you’re going to fall out of your seat and roll in the street laughing!
– The Big Day! –
Saturday, July 16 10am-4pm
- GET CASH! There are ATMs at the Northfield Savings Bank, Merchant’s and People’s United.
- Bring Sunglasses and put on some sun block because the forecast looks awesome!
- Check out all the incredible work of over 50 artists! We have highly talented potters, photographers, quilters, jewelers, painters, mixed media artists and more. You’ll find gifts for everyone getting married, having birthdays, having babies and anything else you’d need a gift for, including gifts for yourself of course!
- Grab a bight to eat We will have a great line up of food vendors to satisfy your cravings, sweet or savory, healthy or guilty!
- Be entertained! All day there will be Live Music on the Dry Bridge Stage, from children’s music, to jazz, folk, bluegrass, jam, funk & reggae!
- Mosey on down to Laughing Moon Chocolate again! They will continue celebrating their Grand Opening Celebration on Saturday so be sure to go get another FREE Chocolate Covered Strawberry!
- Bring Your Camera! Bring the kids to pet the cutest baby calf ever and snap great pics to put on Facebook!
- Swing by the Revitalizing Waterbury booth to learn more about the organization behind this wonderful community event and learn how you can help keep Waterbury such a vibrant and great place to live.
– More Helpful Info –
- The 05676 A lot of folks hear “Stowe” and instantly think of Billy Kidd and the Sound of Music. But when you follow ‘Stowe’ with ‘Street’ as in the Stowe Street Arts Festival,that means WATERBURY! Right off of Exit 10 in downtown Waterbury is historic Stowe Street, the home of our art fest and the place you should be this weekend!
- We love, love, love dogs – but dogs hate, hate, hate, being on hot sunny pavement any longer than they have to. So we kindly ask that you leave Spot at home! This way you don’t have to worry about getting all tangled up in his leash and you don’t have to pick up after him if he has to go in the middle of the someone’s booth! So please, please, please leave your awesome fuzzy friends at home (not in your car!) because everyone will be better off! Thanks!
- Waterbury is full of wonderful local businesses, many of whom have generously supported us and made this whole event possible! Please stop in to the Waterbury Pharmacy and our other wonderful sponsors and tell them how much you enjoyed the Stowe Street Arts Festival!
- Accessibility If you require assistance to visit us, please go to the entrance gate on Stowe Street & Main Street and our volunteers will do their best to help you!