But this was just the beginning folks! Saturday’s schedule is chock full! Today truly is BIG! Be sure to come down to Stowe Street in Waterbury from 10-4 today to see what’s going on!
- 8 am- 8pm Mostly Sunny with a high of 81 degrees Bring sunscreen, but leave your dog at home please! Thanks!
- 8:45 Decorating for the Bike Parade (parking lot behind the train station)
- 9-6 Laughing Moon Grand Opening Celebration Go get your FREE chocolate covered strawberry! Yummers! Plus it’s the second anniversary of Bridgeside Books! They’ll have mini-cupcakes!!
- 9:45 Bike Parade up Main Street
- 10-4 Artists will line Stowe Street and Bidwell Lane We have over 50 highly talented potters, photographers, quilters, jewelers, painters, mixed media artists and many more! You’ll find gifts for everyone getting married, having birthdays, having babies and anything else you’d need a gift for, including a little something for yourself of course!
For more specifics about our artists, click here.
- 10 to 11:15 Artists Workshop Paste Paper with Suzanne Colton Using a special hand tinted glue, Suzanne will show you how to smear bright colors to cover sheets of paper and then draw in the wet paint with fingers and combs and stamps to create a very original work of art! We will hang it out to dry and you can retrieve it after enjoying the Festival! Paste paper makes great book covers and wrapping paper and many other colorful projects.
- 10:30-1145 Dry Bridge Stage Arnowitt – Perkins Start the day out right with some Jazz – it’s almost better than coffee!
- 11:30 to 12:45 Artists Workshop Paper Marbling with Mame McKee Marbling paper is a unique art experience dropping paints and inks on a viscous surface and drawing lightly on the surface of the water to alter the patterns. The last step is to drop paper carefully on your creation and lift off the never to be duplicated piece! After it dries, come back to collect your amazing art!
- 12 -1:00 Dry Bridge Stage Tyler Road Acoustic experimental folk
- 1:15 to 2:30 Artists Workshop Clay with Mame McKee Who doesn’t want to try the potter’s wheel? Mame will demonstrate some basic throwing techniques and then let you give it a go for 10 minutes or so. It is messy so dress accordingly, but come on over and play in the mud!
- 1:15-2:30 Dry Bridge Stage Gordon Stone Band Taking “the pedal steel and banjo to places no mere humans normally tread,” according to Jambands.com
- 2:30-4 Dry Bridge Stage Lost Nation Theater with George Woodard Performing tunes from Woodie Guthrie’s American Song
- 2:45 to 3:45 Artists Workshop Origami Accordion Book Make and Take with Elissa Campbell Elissa, of Blue Roof Designs, will demonstrate then assist you to make an amazing little book. You won’t want to stop making them at home but Elissa will have instructions and web connections for your newest art habit!
Here are a couple of quick pics from last night (We’ll post a gallery of festival photos soon!):