Happy Independence Day everyone!
As we get ready to go out and celebrate America’s birthday, it’s hard not to be reminded of how our incredible community came together last August after the Irene destruction. Watching the Waterbury Parade last Saturday, it was spectacular to realize how far we’ve come from the mud and dust covered streets of less than a year ago.
And as the anniversary of the Irene Floods gets closer, its more important than ever to show your support for communities like Waterbury and come out to the great events that will be taking place in the area over the next few weeks.
Obviously, we are little biased and the Stowe Street Arts Fest is our favorite, but there are a bunch of really great events taking place over the next week and beyond that you should come take part in! Check out these upcoming Waterbury events and thanks in advance for your support! Find a complete listing on our sponsor, Waterbury Tourism’s Event Calendar.
Sun., July 8, 1-4pm Irene After The Floodgates Art Project Waterbury Village Art Workshop Jeremy Ayers home, 18 Elm St.
- Thursday, July 12, 3pm-7pm Waterbury VT Farmers Market, Rusty Parker Memorial Park
- Thursday, July 12, 6pm Waterbury Concert Series- Abbey Jenne and the Enablers, Rusty Parker Memorial Park
- Friday, July 13, 7pm-8:30pm LIVE! From Stowe Street, Stowe Street Stage
- Friday July 13, 3pm-7pm Registration for the Vermont Mountain Bike Festival
- Saturday July 14 10am-4pm Stowe Street Arts Festival, Stowe Street & Bidwell Lane in Downtown Waterbury
- Saturday July 14 8am-9pm Vermont Mountain Bike Festival
- Saturday July 14, dusk Ben & Jerry’s free Movie Festival – The Muppets,
- Sunday July 15 9am-1pm Vermont Mountain Bike Festival
- Sunday July 15, 1pm-3pm Music on the Porch – Hard Scrabble, On the Porch of the Train Station, Rusty Parker Memorial Park