Over the years, the Stowe Street Arts Festival had shined a spotlight on Vermont artists and our wonderful community of Waterbury. This year, we wanted to hit home how amazing our community is – and help celebrate the 250th birthday of Waterbury – by changing our name.
We are proud to introduce to you the Waterbury Arts Fest!
Shakespeare said, “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet,” and he was mostly right. Our name is new, but our festival will still be in the same location and we’re still aiming to showcase the highest quality, most original artwork and entertainment Vermont has to offer. However, we’re not stopping there!
For 2013 we are planning some great celebratory additions to our fest, including a brand new Friday Night program that will feature rockin’ live music and a festive street party. And Saturday, we hope to have the best selection of artwork and entertainment that we’ve ever had! So while our rose has a new name, we plan to smell sweeter than ever!
So mark your calendars for Friday, July 12 and Saturday, July 13 – you do not want to miss this!!
If you are interested in getting involved, we would LOVE to hear from you! We have wonderful sponsorship opportunities and welcome any and all volunteers to our committee. We are also now accepting artists to participate on Saturday. If you would like to join us, please contact our Event Coordinator, Meg Schultz – email@example.com for more information or click here for our printable Artist Agreement.
It’s Valentine’s day and love is in the air. For example, we love all the exciting ideas being bounced around at our planning meetings; this year’s Stowe Street Arts Fest (July 12 & 13) is going to be AWESOME!
Here’s a quick look at some of the things we’re going to do:
- We’re changing the name! We will announce the new name shortly but we’ve decided we want to clarify that our event takes place in Waterbury and includes the whole town! Stowe Street is still our host location, but for those not from around here, many assume our event is in Stowe, which is a lovely town down the road, but NOT our location. So it’s time for a change. Stay tuned for the announcement of the new name and logo!
- It’s Waterbury’s 250th birthday!! Pretty sure that sounds like a great reason to celebrate! We hope to have an awesome Friday night street party with live music and local food vendors, and then on Saturday, continue the party throughout the day with more live music and local performers celebrating Waterbury’s talent rich history.
What’s that? You want to get involved??!! We are always looking for some fresh faces and new ideas so if you’re interested in joining our committee, please let us know! We’d LOVE to hear from you!
We are also going to be sending out info for artists interested in vending. Please send us and email and we will add you to our list!
All questions and comments, please contact our event coordinator, Meg: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t thank our sponsors, volunteers, artists and all the folks who came out to the Stowe Street Arts Fest this past Friday and Saturday! It was hot, but the talent was worth it! Have a look at our photo gallery to see for yourself!
Got feedback! Our ears are open! You can comment on this post or contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks again and see you next year!
We are all downtown on Stowe Street and Bidwell Lane, shopping, eating, creating art, dancing to live music, marveling at the street performers, eating some more, shopping some more, dancing some more… Come join us!
Huge and continued thanks to our Benefactor Sponsor, Waterbury Pharmacy! They are a great locally owned and operated business who have shown their commitment to the Waterbury community time and time again! Please stop in regularly and thank them for their support!
There’s tons going on today to grab your sunblock, your reusable water bottle (so you can get it filled up at the TD Bank Water Tent) and head on down – admission is FREE!
Please leave your awesome fuzzy faced four legged friends at home though – they really don’t want to hang out on the pavement! Thanks!
Sometimes a picture is worth a 1000 words. So have a look at our artists’ work. Take a look at photos from last year so you can get a feel for how much fun there is to be had THIS SATURDAY in downtown Waterbury and then come down to Stowe Street from 10am-4pm TOMORROW and see for yourself how amazing and fun the SSAF is! Don’t forget TONIGHT is LIVE! from Stowe Street – hilarious entertainment on the Stowe Street Stage from 7pm – 8:30pm. Tickets are $5 and kids under 5 are free. Saturday admission is free. See you soon! Cheers!
2012 SSAF Artisan Listing:
Tomorrow night is the start of the Stowe Street Arts Fest and we as SO excited about it! At 7pm, LIVE from Stowe Street will kick off the weekend. It’s a bargain $5 per person at the gate, kids 5 years old and under are free. And not only will there be top notch entertainment on the Stowe Street Stage, but you will get a program that has coupons good all weekend* at local businesses within walking distance from the fest! So bring the family down Friday and Saturday for entertainment, art, music, food, art, more art, more music, face painting, henna, more music and more art, and then head to one of our Apres Art Sponsors for a little treat! It’s a great way to have some fun, support your community and save a little money all at the same time. Aren’t you smart!?
- Arvad’s Grill & Pub – Enjoy any cocktail or martini from their lounge drink menu and choose any appetizer FREE.
- Cork Wine Bar & Market – Get a cheese board half price with a purchase of two glasses of wine.
- Maxi’s Restaurant – Buy one entree get the second half off.
- Marsala Salsa – Buy one entree get the second half off.
- Prohibition Pig – One FREE appetizer (choose from Pork Rinds, Sweet Potato Muffins, Hush Puppies, Hand Cut French Fries or The Pig’s Pickled Veggies) with purchase of an entree.
- The Reservoir -Kick off Friday with free live music on the deck, Friday 4-7pm.
- KC’s Bagel Cafe – One FREE hot coffee with any purchase.
*Some restrictions apply. See program for details.