Once again, the Waterbury Arts Fest celebrated under the stars at our Waterbury Block Party! Details about our 2020 plans will be announced in the Spring.
Here’s all the things that took place on Friday, July 12, 2019:
The Block Party features a Beer Garden to ‘cure what ales you,’ food trucks serving up tasty belly-filling food, and incredible live music for you to dance the night away! While having fun, raffle ticket were available for a chance to win a sweet Beer-Lovers Experience Package that included all sorts of awesome beer swag, 2 tickets to SIPtemberfest and more! All proceeds benefit Revitalizing Waterbury.
- 5:30pm – Gates open, Beer Garden & Food Trucks open. PLEASE BRING YOUR ID for the Beer Garden! Children must be supervised. Donations are welcome – everyone who attends will get a raffle ticket for a very cool prize! More info about that soon…
- 6-7:30pm – Live Music Starts with Red Hot Juba! The soul of the blues, the infectious twang of juke-joint country, a touch of irreverent old-testament and SWING with relentless abandon. These guys really know how to get a party going so don’t arrive late! RHJ is comprised of Bryan Aubin on Drums, Horns & Vocals, D. Davis – on Guitars, Mandolin, Vocals, Eric Krull on Guitars, Vocals & Steve Goldman on Upright Bass, Piano, Vocals. Webpage | Facebook
- 8:00 – Purple: A Tribute – Get ready to party like it’s 1999! Seven Daysies award winner for VT’s Best Tribute Act, Purple will bring their grooves to our stage with epic covers of Prince and more! Craig Mitchell leads a 6 piece band featuring musicians from some of Vermont’s best bands including members of The Seth Yacovone Band, The Renegade Groove and The High Breaks. Let’s get crazy!
- 8:45 or so… Set Break & Raffle Drawing! Make sure you get get your raffle ticket when you enter! See above for details on our raffle
- 9:30 – Last Call
- 10pm – Event over – gates CLOSE! You don’t have to go home, but we will be buttoning up shop and prepping for Saturday’s events so you won’t be able to stay here. But please check out the food and festivities at Waterbury’s local bars & restaurants!
Blue Stone Pizza will bring their bar outside to the street, serving beer and wine under our tents. Bar open from 5:30-9:30pm. Cash only. You must have ID to get a wristband for purchasing.
New this year in an effort to reduce waste, we are proud to offer food scrap composting for WAF vendors and attendees. Compost collection is provided by Grow Compost, located down Route 2 in Waterbury VT.
- The Skinny Pancake
- Wicked Good Fries
- Taco Truck All Stars
- Cornerstone Pub & Kitchen
- Will’s Lemonade
- Blue Stone Pizza
- Ben & Jerry’s
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters