The Friday Night Block Party features a Beer Garden to ‘cure what ales you,’ food trucks serving up tasty belly-filling food, and of course incredible live music for you to dance the night away!
Get your raffle tickets for a chance to win a sweet Best of Waterbury Gift Package that includes all sorts of awesome swag. All proceeds benefit Revitalizing Waterbury.
Our Stage & Entertainment Sponsor is Ben & Jerry’s .
- 5:00pm – Gates open, Beer Garden & Food Trucks open. PLEASE BRING YOUR ID for the Beer Garden! Children must be supervised. Donations are welcome – everyone who attends will get a raffle ticket for a very cool prize! More info about that soon…
- 5:30-7:00 – Live Music Starts with The Jane Evans Band! Jane Evans is a Vermont singer-songwriter who spent the past two decades as the lead singer of numerous bands. Together with husband Greg Evans on lead guitar, Kirk Flanagan on bass, and Daiki Hirano on drums, Jane is taking her music back to its roots: Americana music with a contemporary twist. Webpage | Facebook
- 7:00 – Happy Birthday Revitalizing Waterbury! Details TBA.
- 7:30 – 9:30 – Brett Hughes & His Honky Tonk Crowd – Brett Hughes held down his weekly Honky Tonk Tuesday at Burlington, Vermont’s Radio Bean for ten years, joined along the way by local heroes and international superstars alike—including Mike Gordon (Phish), Eugene Hutz (Gogol Bordello), studio whiz Matt Chamberlain (Pearl Jam), Drew Zingg (Steely Dan, Boz Scaggs), and Brett Simons (Dwight Yoakam, Chicago). Good-rockin’ old-school country & western hits and originals that dovetail perfectly with classic Honky Tonk jams, served up by a 5-piece band that has a great time playing together, and rocks with a loose and loud party vibe. Facebook
- 8:15 or so… Set Break & Raffle Drawing! Make sure you get get your raffle ticket when you enter!
- 9:00 – Last Call
- 9:30pm – Event over – gates CLOSE! You don’t have to go home, but we will be buttoning up shop and prepping for Saturday’s events so you won’t be able to stay here. But please check out the food and festivities at Waterbury’s local bars & restaurants!
Food & Beer:
- The Reservoir – One of Waterbury’s most beloved watering holes will bring their bar outside to the street, serving beer and wine under our tents. Bar open from 5:30-9:00pm. Cash only. You must have ID to get a wristband for purchasing.
- Fantastic Foods – Tasty comfort food like chopped cheese burger grinder, piggly wiggly melt and cheesy bacon fries!
- Yum Food Truck – Serving up Yummy food and great fun like grilled cheese sandwiches and so much more!