The 2017 Waterbury Arts Fest was a huge success! thank you to all our artists, musicians, vendors, sponsors and especially our attendees for another amazing event! We will announce 2018 details soon. In the meantime, see below for info on our 2017 Arts Fest:
For one day, in the heart of summer, the streets of historic downtown Waterbury are lined with the colors, textures and inspirations of locally-made artwork. The 2017 Waterbury Arts Fest promises to be our best line up ever of entertainment, food vendors, and of course artists! Click here for our 2017 Printable Map & Schedule!
Join us on Saturday, July 15th from 10 AM to 4 PM for our annual celebration of the creativity, artistry and community of Waterbury, Vermont.
Saturday’s events are brought to you in part by Green Mountain Coffee.
From 10am to 4pm, the Waterbury Arts Fest will have a packed schedule of entertainment that will take place on our Stage at the corner of Stowe Street and Bidwell Lane. Our Stage & Entertainment Sponsor is Ben & Jerry’s.
- 10:20am Sadie Bolger Acoustic punk singer and song-writer, Sadie returns to the WAF Line up
- 11:30 am Cooie Sings Solo singer/songwriter, Cooie is a self-described songbird who brings lyrics to life. We are excited to have her back!
- 12:40 pm Araba-Lon An all-drum ensemble, Araba-lon brings the infectious rhythms of Guinea, West Africa to Vermont! The drums punctuate the rhythm of life in West Africa, uniting people in joy, sorrow, toil, and rites of passage. A treat for the ears, each rhythm is also underscored by a long history and teachings that tell the story of life in Guinea. In Araba-lon, they joke that the more you dance, the better they play. They do hope that you feel inspired to take in the music West African style – with joie de vivre, an open heart, and in harmony with friends and community.
- 1:50 pm APEX is an all-star line-up of the best large band musicians Vermont has to offer from the Big Bang Bhangra Brass Band, Barika, Renegade Groove, Saturn People’s Sound Collective, Movement of the People, Afinque and many others. The line-up includes: Dan Liptak – tenor saxophone/soprano saxophone, Matt Avery – trombone, Matt Harpster – guitar, Patrick J. Markley – bass, Ira Friedman – keys, Caleb Bronz – percussion.
- 3:00 pm Green Mountain Performing Arts Heather Morris brings her Celtic Dancers back to the Waterbury Arts Fest once again! A crowd favorite, local youth dancers performing Scottish Highland dances, Scottish (Cape Breton) Step and more. You’ll want to see these incredibly talented dancers with your own eyes!
The food at the Waterbury Arts Fest is all locally made and absolutely delicious! Each year we try to bring a variety of flavors to the table and this year will be no exception! We will be adding more food vendors too so stay tuned. Let your eyes feast on what we will be serving up:
- Ben & Jerry’s – Our area’s most famous and most delicious ice cream!
- Blue Stone Pizza – Located right on Stowe Street, Blue Stone will be open for slices and more!
- Taco Truck All Stars – Taking tacos to the next level, they offer a wide selection of options, including vegetarian offerings!
- The Mac Shack – Who doesn’t love macaroni and cheese!? The Mac Shack can satisfy all your cheesy cravings!
- Mediterranean Mix – Serving up greek and mediterranean, vegan and vegetarian meals!
- Wicked Good Fries – Need we say more? If you’re looking for an awesome salty snack, this is the stop for you!
- Water Truck – Don’t forget to hydrate! The Alchemist has generously offer to sponsor our water again this year so drink up!
- Green Mountain Coffee – Swing by their booth near the stage to get your caffeine fix so you can keep going!
MINI MAKER FAIRE
NEW for 2017 the bottom of Bidwell Lane will feature a Mini-Maker Faire, an event that celebrates the DIY/homegrown inventor movement. Whether it’s home-built, video game, race cars, musical instruments or sustainable micro garden, Maker Faire showcases all that is creative and innovative in our community.
BUSINESS AS USUAL
Don’t forget that many of the businesses on Stowe Street & Bidwell Lane will still be open, like Fisher Auto Parts, Atzlan Foods, Bridgeside Books and more!
SPONSOR BOOTHS & ACTIVITIES
- Green Mountain Coffee Learn about Waterbury’s very own Green Mountain Coffee and get a nice cup of coffee while you’re there.
- VSECU – Face painting & more in their booth by the stage.
- TDBank – Information and more at the booth by the stage.
- Ben & Jerry’s – Get your ice cream fix from the Ben & Jerry’s booth in the Food Court.
- Water Truck from the Alchemist – bring your water bottle and stay hydrated with water from our Water truck in the food court.
- Stowe Street Emporium – Lounge Area
- Revitalizing Waterbury – Information booth and first aid
- Mary Langevin Chair Massage
The Waterbury Arts Fest is proud to feature some of Vermont’s most talented artists! This year, on Saturday, July 15, Stowe Street and Bidwell Lane will again be lined with incredible artwork from our best line up of artists ever! Our Saturday Arts Fest Sponsor is VSECU.
Here’s our complete list of 2017 Waterbury Arts Fest Artist Vendors:
- #10 Can Lantern Company
- Alixandra Barron Designs
- All that Glitters
- Art Tiles by Janice Walrafen
- Auger Jewelry Designs
- Barbara Leber
- Beautiful Things
- Blue Frog Basketry
- Blue Moon Pottery
- Brian Hewitt Kind Art
- Brown Bunny Pottery
- C.H. Diegel Photography
- CAKE Jewelry
- Cat Illustrates
- Cat McKeen Photography
- Cathy LaClair Jewelry
- CB Metalworks
- Chubby Chicks Jams & Jellies
- Dawn Until Dusk
- DG Woodworking
- Dorothy Langevin
- Elizabeth Martin Pottery
- Ellen Howard Handmade
- Ellen Spring Handpainted Wearables
- Erin Harris Sentimental Metalsmith
- Esther’s Kitchen Window
- Falcon Boy Craft Works
- Gina Petteys Design
- Glass Roots by Holly and Kurt Anthony
- Glass Roots Art by Jennifer Reardon
- Hannah Morse
- Hounds Bay Woodworking
- Janice Skincare
- Jay’s Woodshop
- Jenni Bee Art
- Jeri Canfield
- Jewelry by Pia
- Jimm Gerstman & Jenni Bee Art
- Ken Russack
- Kent Gardner
- Kristina Gosh of velvet bulldozer projects
- Kylie Dally
- Lauren Johnson Studio
- Linda Beaudet
- Linda Treash Photography
- Loominations of Vermont
- Lori Yarrow Designs
- Luca Designs
- Mary Krause
- Mary Langevin Chair Massage
- Mountain Farm Road Pottery
- Muddy Toes Terrariums
- Neil Berger
- North Branch Vineyards
- Open Door Prints
- Potlicker Kitchen
- Rachel Laundon Art
- Raegan Hough Metalsmith
- Red Moon Artisans
- Roots of Comfort
- S.M. Aronson
- Sam Lightner
- Stan Katz
- Staples Stitchery
- Stowe Bird
- Sue Holden
- Sun of a Birch Screenprinting
- Thomas Ceramics
- Vermont Art Quilts
- Vermont Travel Posters
- Vermont Tribe
- Vermont Wood’n Pen
- West coast/East Leather Goods
- Wings of Sin